Analyst, Cyber Security
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
The Network Security Engineering team is responsible for providing operational support to networksecurity elements (Firewalls, IPS, Proxy) across the Bell Enterprise network.
- Participate to the network security capacity planning and technology lifecycle of securitynetwork elements.
- Define and provide systems performance key indicators, and lead initiatives to improvenetwork security quality.
- Define and implement network solutions to mitigate security risks.
- Assist in new technology selection and validation, and their introduction in productionenvironment.
- Define and document network security elements standard configuration.
- Support continuous improvement as part of daily work priorities.
- Develop automation tools in order to simplify work.
- Identify and prime opportunities to implement virtual network security devices.
- Provide technical support and training to Operations. Part of 7/24 on call support rotation.
- Collaborate with internal partners, logistic team, manufacturers and Operations technicians.
- Contribute to budget planning cycle in your area of responsibilities.
- Hybrid working model. Onsite 3 days / week
- Bachelor degree in computer/electrical Engineering, or an equivalent combination ofeducation and work experience.
- 2 years relevant experience in IP security.
- Good knowledge and experience with security technologies (firewall/DDOS/IPS/WAF) frommajor vendors (Checkpoint, Fortinet, PaloAlto Juniper, Cisco, BlueCoat) and a goodunderstanding of network LAN/WAN protocols.
- Nice to have working programming knowledge in Python, shell scripting, Perl, Java, C++ orequivalent
- Skilled at grasping complex technical topics with an analytical mind.
- Ability to write and edit documentation on technical subjects, and to make language clear,concise and accurate.
- Good written and verbal skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Sharp sense of project coordination and planning of activities.
- Autonomy and very well organized.
- Systematic, professional working methods.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/02/2023
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.