Analyst, Credit Analysis & Support Team Hamilton
City : Hamilton, ON, CA, L8P4V2
Category : Credit Analyst
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185298
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Analyst, Credit Analysis & Support Team is responsible for contributing to the profitable growth and quality of the Commercial Automotive portfolio by performing credit administration tasks to the highest standard of quality for their assigned portfolio. These tasks include financial spreading and analysis, rating activities, monitoring of required conditions, maintaining complete monitoring systems and other credit/or fulfillment activities.
Process and Analyze Customer Reporting items (interim and annual) by:
- Maintaining a complete monitoring system (i.e. “Task Manager”) to ensure interim reporting is completed in a timely manner;
- Updating Task Manger and Scotia Dealer Link with necessary information to ensure accuracy of the customer reporting requirements (this includes various data such as annual review date, frequency etc);
- Completing the spreading of interim financial statements in Moody’s Risk Analyst (RA) in an accurate and timely manner as per authorized frequency requirements;
- Performing trend analysis to monitor the health of client accounts and help determine client risk ratings;
- Identifying and action customer reporting items that are overdue, and following up with customer for overdue items that are between 0 and 60 days overdue; The objective is to minimize the number of items outstanding beyond 60 days which would otherwise need to be escalated;
- Supporting the offside conditions material deterioration process by:
- Escalating offside conditions, covenants and material deterioration
- Updating Task Manager to identify offside reporting conditions and removing flag when authorized
Support the Annual Review process and preparation of credit correspondence by:
- Analyzing client files in Task Manager to determine annual review and rating refresh reporting items that are due;
- Preparing/completing spreads of annual financial statements, and projections in RA;
- Ensuring client files are complete and up to date in Scotia Dealer Link and Task Manager, and that all relevant correspondence and authorizations related to the Annual Review process are properly stored in the Shared Document Repository (SDR);
- Ensuring fees, pricing, IG and authorized limited changes are correctly processed/resolving as required and systems (Task Manager and Scotia Dealer Link) updated as required to reflect the information outlined in the Credit Authorization;
- Support the completion of conditions precedent and ensure all required steps are completed prior to completion on Task Manager;
- Liaising with syndicate banks in gathering due diligence and information required to complete analysis and answer questions (if Scotiabank is agent).
- Providing other administrative support as required for credit /or fulfillment activities.
Ensuring adherence to the Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering program, Know Your Customer requirements and Guidelines for Business Conduct, by reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities per established procedures.
The Analyst must have proven financial analysis and risk assessment techniques for analyzing financial statements / borrowing bases and assisting in structuring, as well as good credit judgement and a good knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies, practices and procedures. He/she will work on moderately complex financial solutions and will have interaction with internal partners by gathering information and responding to internal inquiries. They must have strong organizational skills to monitor portfolio requirements, collect and assimilate large volumes of information from various sources and concisely populate the information into a credit application.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- Basic credit skills (familiarity with writing up deals, spreading financial statements, assessing risk, financial modeling and drawing conclusions)
- Intermediate accounting and financial statement analysis
- Solid problem solving skills and solutions oriented
- Well organized and ability to multi-task
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interface with customers
- Good knowledge of all commercial lending products
Ability to use personal computer programs; Word & Excel, and relevant specialized software (examples: SDL, Task Manager, RA)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Hamilton
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.