Analyst, Corporate Banking (CAG), Business and Strategic Initiatives
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 167847
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Analyst – Corporate Banking, Credit Analytics Group
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
The Analyst will assist with the credit process by providing high-quality analysis and account management support by:
- Performing certain fundamental credit analysis functions, for the various industries across Global Corporate Banking and GCM Banking, as assigned; and
- Performing annual reviews as well as account monitoring activities, as assigned.
- Perform analytics functions including financial statement analysis and risk assessment, with extremely high attention to detail and accuracy, in accordance with guidelines, policies and established procedures;
- Analyze, prepare and process annual reviews or credit requests in accordance with Bank policies and guidelines;
- Develop product knowledge/expertise;
- Develop industry expertise for assigned industries;
- Complete other CAG tasks in connection with quality control;
- Complete other tasks as assigned, i.e. research, assisting industries in special projects, etc.; and
- Mentor new co-ops and assist with group training.
About the Position:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A growing knowledge of all products and processes for risk assessment and for the execution of transactions;
- An understanding of the assigned industries;
- Solid financial accounting knowledge and the ability to read financial statements;
- Straightforward and succinct identification and analysis of key risks of existing or proposed clients and/or transactions;
- Clear, concise rational supporting actions and recommendations for client solutions;
- Ability to conduct industry/client research;
- Professional approach in interactions with key stakeholders;
- Flexibility and is seen as a valuable team resource;
- Promotes cooperation and strong professional working relationships within the working unit, Global Corporate Banking, GCM Banking Industry Groups, other GBM Product Groups, and Global Risk Management;
- A sense of urgency as appropriate to the situation;
- Desire to learn new concepts;
- Ability to process annual reviews and interim requests in timely manner; and
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines, while maintaining high standards of work.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Completed Bachelor of Commerce, Masters or MBA or CPA is preferred
- Excellent computer skills;
- Solid understanding of financial statements and accounting;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Financial modelling skills an asset; and
- Proficiency in Spanish or French would be an asset but not essential
How do I Apply?
Please upload your resume.
We thank you all for your interest in Scotiabank! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.