Analyst, Category Team
City : Mississauga
Category : Temporary (Fixed Term) Merchandising
Industry : Retail
Employer : Walmart Canada
Position Summary...Support a team of Category Managers and Cross Functional Specialists throughout the business to achieve P&L deliverables and sell the products customers want at unbeatable prices.
What you'll do...
- Responsible to gather and input data; build, analyse and maintain reports to support merchandise decisions utilizing systems such as Retail Link, MMS, MS Office, as well as create and track vendor funded rollbacks, markdowns, advertising expenses, create deals, coops, completion of new store templates, store returns to vendor and assisting the team on divisional projects.
- Responsible for supporting Merchants with assortment planning activities in collaboration with cross functional partners such as line reviews, item file management (creation, deletion, edits, maintenance).
- Support Merchants with merchandise event/promotional planning, execution and advertisement proofing, including but not limited to: item selection templates; collection of samples/photos from vendors; proofing and completion of advertising templates.
- Support Merchants with vendor management and related compliance activities. Provide vendor training on systems as required. Initiate new vendor agreements and ensure timely follow up on compliance issues (internal and external) as they occur. Responsible for providing ongoing support and direction to vendor regarding Walmart processes.
- Support compliance group on product recalls, entering pertinent information into the system for the business to act upon.
- Store support for all merchandising inquiries / issues (e.g. UPC helpline issues, stock (over / under), modulars, Creation and maintenance of Regional or Dept. Traits etc.) Assist in developing seasonal, monthly event guides.
- Attend weekly commodity flow meeting with Merchants, Supply Chain and Merchandise Planning to review inventory flow.
- STEP Online maintenance and item file maintenance.
- End to end content on-boarding and facilitation.
- Work with Cross functional Ecommerce teams to optimize online vendor content.
- Optimize omni-channel retailing processes and leverage support to execute best practices for shared items that are sold in-store as well as online.
- Assist Merchants in setting up new vendors and assisting new vendors in creating new items to list in-store and/or on Walmart.ca.
- Post-secondary education required
- Minimum 1-2 years' relevant experience
- Retail or eCommerce experience is an asset
- Proficient in undertaking and interpreting research
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada