AMO Technician/Welding Brazier (CWI) – NL, CA
City : Mount Pearl
Category : Full time Services
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Do you enjoy welding/brazing, assembly and maintenance?
Would you like the opportunity to work in a global energy company?
Join our growing team
Baker Hughes is the first and only comprehensive provider of digital oilfield products, services and solutions. Drawing inspiration from its rich heritage as an inventor company, Baker Hughes harnesses the passion and expertise of its people to improve productivity throughout the entire oil and gas value chain.
Partner with the best
As an AMO Technician/Welding Brazier, you will be responsible for:
Under direct supervision, performs welding/brazing applications. Understand how to perform visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications. Develops skill to read and interpret blueprints. Help facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team. Supports the team and team's objectives. Learn skills to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with Baker Hughes qualification procedures. Maintain assigned equipment in accordance with operating specifications. Routinely paints and refurbishes equipment. Conducts mechanical inspections. May use moderately complex diagnostic equipment. Assist in reworking, repairing, testing and modifying non-conforming equipment. Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures. Handles special projects, as assigned.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes required
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment required
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous manner required
- Strong focus towards safety
- Strong housekeeping ability in order to maintain cleanliness of shop.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills required
- Basic welding experience, brazing experience preferred
Please note, this is not a Journeyman Welder position.
- Relevant industrial experience (Airline, Military, Oilfield, Automotive)
- Ability to operate crane/hoist and pallet jack
- Knowledge of power and pneumatic tools and their uses (examples: drill, grinder, polisher, sander, screwdriver, wrenches and sockets)
- Knowledge of workshop equipment and their uses (examples: air compressor, cleaning equipment, grease gun, hoist, jack, lifting equipment, measuring equipment, diagnostic equipment, pressure testing equipment)
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and their uses (examples: tapes, dial test indicator, micrometer, torque wrenches, vernier calipers)
- Proficient in reading/interpreting assembly blueprints and following written and verbal work instructions
- Forklift experience
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays, if required
- SAP knowledge preferable
- Knowledge of completion tools. i.e. Liner hangers, setting tools, back pressure valves, disconnects etc.
- Weld qualification / certification
- Carbide and brazing experience
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.