Alumni Affairs Coordinator
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 7134-Alumni Relations
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Serving as an ambassador, the Coordinator is key to engaging alumni and securing commitments from them to engage with their alma mater in a variety of ways. Supporting a collaborative environment with colleagues in the University’s Faculties and appropriate administrative divisions (including, but not limited to Co-op and Career Services and the Future Students Office) to support pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of the University according to the Strategic plan.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of three years of experience in alumni engagement with demonstrated accomplishments in engaging alumni and future alumni, fostering productive relationships with volunteer.
• Demonstrated experience in successful event coordination and implementation.
• High level of competency in computer, software and technology skills to maximize organizational goals.
• Proven experience with Raiser's Edge database.
• High level of competency working with content management systems and web design software
• Demonstrated experience with social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter; and social media management tools, i.e. Hootsuite and Google Analytics
• High degree of professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information, including a shared donor database.
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Experience working with budgets and spreadsheets
• Proven interpersonal skills, including experience working with a volunteer board of directors.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the University, alumni, volunteers, other constituents and the public.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills; an appreciation for diversity and adaptability to different groups and cultures.
• Demonstrated strong writing skills to a wide variety of audiences,
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and a collaborative problem-solving approach.
• Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve goals.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities and be creative in an environment where resources are generally outstripped by demand.
• Ability to travel between campuses and work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.