Alterations Associate – Saks Fifth Avenue
City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Stores
Employer : The Bay
What This Position is All About
The Alteration Staff will be part of the tailoring team, providing customer service, and tailoring expertise as required.
Who You Are:
- A towering strength at winning over an audience with their perspective
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
- Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas
You Also Have:
- Minimum 3 years seamstress/tailoring experience in high-end merchandise
- Ability to sew a wide range of garments and fit both male and female clients.
- Possession of strong technical background in specialty skills such as: leather,knits,double face,beading,fine tailoring,buttonholes etc is desired and a benefit.
- Pressing and spotting skills.
- Knowledge of Alterations industry including fabrication and styling of luxury merchandise.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
As The Alteration Staff Associate, You Will:
- Model all Saks Fifth Avenue Customer Service Principles.
- Focus on achieving and exceeding individual performance and productivity goals.
- Maintain a consistent high level of customer service by creating and developing excellent customer relationships.
- Follow all Saks Fifth Avenue policies and procedures.
- Follow all alteration workroom policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize expertise to make alterations decisions during customer fittings.
- Focus on all efforts on providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Support company/store and department initiatives.
Your Life and Career at SFA:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.