Agent Of Record Specialist
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As the Agent of Record Specialist your primary focus would be to review all Life and Living Benefit insurance files for risk and compliance held by RBC Financial Wealth Management Services Inc that were transferred in. In addition you will liaise and work with Investment Advisors/Estate Planning Specialists in order to facilitate the assessment of the policy.
What will you do?
- Focus on controls and administration of processes for quality and risk management.
- Performing general administrative duties, including system access requests, compliance reporting
- Contributing to and monitoring operational effectiveness reporting and escalating concerns as required.
- Generate a report of policies from our database that have been transferred into the agency.
- Assess all of the policies by doing the following:
- check the carrier site first to confirm if policy is still inforce, compare the information on our database verses the Insurance Carrier site.
- Specific policies will require additional documentation to assist with the findings and assessments especially whole life and universal life policies.
- Request documentation from carriers such as original signed illustrations, applications, policy contract information such as schedules, financial UL funding, UL and WL current inforce illustrations.
- All communication with carriers, IA’s and Estate Planning Specialist’s must be documented in our data base. Assessments, inforce illustrations or original documentation are to be uploaded and maintained.
- Discover and investigate if policy is onside or offside and provide findings and assessment on policy assessment documents to both the IA and Estate Planning Specialist.
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a Life and Living Benefit insurance role
- Post-secondary studies in a related field
- Excellent Communication skills
- Life & Accident/Sickness Insurance Licensed (LLQP)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial service
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.