Afternoon Production – Assistant Supervisor
City : Edmonton
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
|POSITION:||Production Assistant Supervisor, Permanent|
|WORK SCHEDULE:||Monday to Friday, 4:00pm – 12:30am|
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Oversee the department, the people and systems, actively participate and be involved in a high performance cross-functional team environment.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Responsible for maintaining quality of product, scheduling and assigning employees, establishing priorities, revising schedules and resolving problems
- Overseeing of production employees, achievement of production objectives, verification and implementation of manufacturing procedures
- Takes initiative and exercises timely and good judgment in day-to-day business decisions
- Maintains a safe working environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with the OHSA, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company safety rules, GMP’s and HACCP including documentation
- Supports in food safety issues relating to processing, act as a role model in following food safety protocols
- Reduction and elimination of workplace accidents
- Develops, directs, manages, trains, and motivates employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees in a timely manner
- Maintains a positive employee relations’ environment by communicating effectively with peers, employees and managers
- Understanding and Administration of the Collective Agreement and other company policies and procedures
- Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise and facility Mission statement. Ensure our product production is wholesome and to offer suggestions to improve food safety on the production floor
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. A successful candidate should have or demonstrate learning in:
- Proven initiative and leadership skills
- Continuous learning and willingness to embrace change
- Experience and commitment to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations
- Championing the Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- Superior communication skills in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to deal with a variety of front line employee relations issues
- Strong listening with excellent written communication skills
- A self-directed, mature and professional approach to project work
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, presentation and analytical skills
- Results oriented
- Well established organizational skills to manage multiple tasks
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through partnership in our Review Process; regular performance feedback, and specific developmental activities to ensure continued learning and development
- Maple Leaf Foods offers the successful candidate a competitive compensation, benefit and defined contribution pension package
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all team members
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Independent and collaborative work environment
- Must be physically fit and able to multitask, quickly adjusting and adapting from one task to another
- Presence will be required on the production floor for long periods of time in diverse atmospheres
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.