City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : Full time Technician
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are an experienced Aerial Lineperson who is responsible for the daily planning and execution of aerial construction. You will be working from bucket trucks and should be able to safely climb utility poles where you ensure that fiber cable is properly installed and secured to engineering specifications and industry standards.
Apply Now! Join our team as an Aerial Lineperson in Winnipeg, MB today!
- Safely operate bucket trucks and/or other types of man-lifts
- Install strand and applicable hardware
- Properly set span up for cable placement with the use of cable rollers
- Utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Set up and utilize single or double lashing tool
- Set up and operate cable pulling equipment
- Track and communicate daily production and materials.
- Oversee and coordinate logistics and crew assignments
- Train and lead new workers on day-to-day work practices and procedures
- 1-2 years of experience directly related experience, working as an Aerial Lineperson or a keen interest to learn the trade
- Ability to climb utility poles using climbing spikes and rigging, and experience operating and performing work in a bucket truck and/or other types of man-lifts
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes.
- Proficient in new build and pole transfers; knowledge in building strand, lashing, pole transfers & grounding
- Solid understanding of current construction practices and proficient knowledge of construction documents
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Applicants that reside in Winnipeg area will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Some travel will be required to site and/or other office locations
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.