Advisory Programmer Analyst (Stability Engineer)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2V9
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 130391
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The OnLine Brokerage team within Global Wealth Management Technology is responsible for the development, stability and resiliency of the Scotia OnLine Brokerage platform and its ecosystem of applications. It serves the customers of all Wealth business lines, including iTrade, Scotia McLeod, Private Investment Council and Scotia Trust. The team is known for excellence in delivery, and its management fosters a culture of team self organization, collaboration and inclusiveness. We are proud that our work has such a large and direct impact to thousands of the Bank’s customers.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Advisory Programmer Analyst (Stability Engineer) will contribute to the overall success of Global Wealth Management Technology in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of Software Production Operations. Ensures all activities conducted are complying with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you?
- Monitor multiple application health and discover opportunities to optimize in a continuously growing large complex hybrid environment
- Optimize application monitoring tool stack including fine tuning actionable alerts, process improvements, Major Incident procedure review and enhancements to reduce recovery time, in a distributed and semi-scalable environment
- Develop automation solutions to optimize manual operational work
- Troubleshoot and debug performance issues in the applications
- Implement production support best practices and related tools
- Oversee and handle certificate management and renewal process of digital applications and microservices
- Suggest recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code, and do the code review afterward
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance culture in a fast-paced environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 5+ years of experience in software development and supporting complex large-scale customer facing platforms
- Strong working knowledge of J2EE to support Enterprise applications and services
- Strong experience with APM tools, such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Stackdriver
- Experience in building public and internal REST APIs and SOAP services
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting systems and applications
- Knowledge of UNIX systems, Batch scripting, SSL/TLS protocols and network
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Production support experience
- Proven ability to translate ideas into technical and business realities, and to map technology to business problems.
- Experience in working with scalable containerized systems in public cloud (Azure and GKE/GCP)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Comfortable using Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Launch Darkly etc
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile development process
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.