City : Montreal
Category : Full Time
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Laurentian Bank
Seeing beyond numbers™
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive. Today, we have over 3,000 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States. We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.This role sits within Laurentian Bank.
Reporting to the Director of the Loyalty Team in a telecommuting environment, the Loyalty Consultant is responsible for ensuring the retention of his or her clients and their assets while providing exceptional customer service. They are also responsible for closing simple sales and identifying more complex business development opportunities by working closely with the client's branch to ensure a seamless experience. Quality customer service, customer experience and compliance standards are a must in this role. The Loyalty Consultant will also be called upon to carry out various business development initiatives such as new canvassing, retention or cross-selling opportunities.
Exclusively through remote meetings, this position is responsible for:
- Renewing the maturities of Personal Services clients in relation to investment and financing products
- Identifying, analyzing and evaluating customer needs based on their objectives and financial situation and advising customers on the various renewal alternatives related to the products and services offered by the Bank
- Conclude simple sales when opportunities arise for renewal
- Identify more complex business development opportunities (such as refinancing, mutual funds, retirement projection needs, etc.) and refer them by liaising with the client's branch
- Develop, maintain and solicit ongoing business relationships with existing clients and/or a pre-defined client list
- Provide consulting strategies leading to the achievement of renewal, business development and referral opportunities in branches
- Master the associated products
- Maintain a relationship of trust with the customer and inform the customer of the policies and procedures in effect
- Establish a close relationship and work closely with assigned branches to ensure a consistent and seamless customer experience
- Prepare files in accordance with internal compliance rules.
- Maintain a good knowledge of new tax, product, regulatory and compliance developments and apply them
- Complete product requests and forward them to the appropriate departments
- Ensure quality standards of customer service, customer experience and compliance are met
- Constantly maintain financial knowledge, knowledge of products and services offered by the Bank and competitors, knowledge of the Bank's credit policies and industry developments.
- Holder of a college diploma (DEC) or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related field, an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the banking, financial or insurance field
- Any combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Licensed as a Mutual Fund Dealer / Mutual Fund Representative / Investment Fund in Canada (IFIC)
- Relationship building skills with a focus on delivering an excellent customer experience and growing relationships with existing customers
- Focused on customer service and business development
- Knowledge of the economy, business and market trends
- In-depth knowledge of financial products and services
- Licensed as a Mutual Fund Dealer / Mutual Fund Representative / Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC)
- Ease of communication, dynamism and flexibility
- Ability to manage several files
- Bilingualism* (FR/ENG)
What Laurentian Bank has to offer you :
The total compensation offered by Laurentian Bank encompasses a comprehensive range of benefits, highlighting our commitment to the well-being and success of our employees.
Here are some of the key points of our offering:
- The actual annual base salary offered will take into account internal equity, skills, and experience among other factors.
- Total compensation: Earn a comprehensive compensation package that includes annual reviews and performance-based bonuses.
- Work model: We prioritize a hybrid work model based on business needs.
- Stock purchase plan: Become not just an employee, but a Laurentian Bank shareholder. Employer matching takes your investment even further.
- Time off: In addition to paid vacation, we provide floating days and leave options to accommodate the diverse needs of our employees.
- Health and wellness: Take care of your health and well-being with access to healthcare professionals, our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and a Stress Management and Well-Being Program.
- Group insurance and pension: We offer a competitive insurance program based on your family’s needs and a defined contribution pension plan to help prepare for your future.
- Financial benefits: As a Laurentian Bank employee, you’re also the best ambassador for our products and services. Take advantage of employee-only offers on a wide range of products. Enjoy exclusive deals and preferred rates on products and services including insurance, hotels, train tickets, spas and many more.
We are committed to creating a fulfilling professional environment where your skills are valued, and your well-being is a priority. Join us for a rewarding career at Laurentian Bank.
Inclusion and Accessibility
At Laurentian Bank, we believe everyone belongs. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities and where everyone feels like they belong and can thrive. To this end, we encourage applications from individuals from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous persons, racialized and persons with disabilities, marginalized genders and the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
We strive to offer a flexible and accessible work experience that is inclusive of everyone. If at any time you need an accommodation, please let us know.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.