Advancement Officer, Alumni Affairs
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 7134-Alumni Relations
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum 3 years related relationship management experience, and 5-7 years of general fundraising (preferred) and/or relationship management experience;
- CFRE Designation is preferred;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of and respect for the values and culture of a university environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT, as well as routine office systems and procedures with a focus on customer service and relations.
- Demonstrated ability in strong oral and written communication including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive situations and personal and confidential information with diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Ability to work as an active team player.
- Ability to be a self-starter, exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility, work independently, and establish priorities, meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Intercampus and community travel is required, possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.