Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: ADMISSIONS OFFICER
Reporting to Coordinator, Admissions and Transfer, this position is responsible for evaluating applications, transcripts and supporting documentation for admission and transfer credit in accordance with established policy and articulation agreements. Advise faculty, staff and students regarding resources and provide information regarding KPU admissions and transfer policies and procedures. Maintain resources such as the Transfer Articulation Module in Banner Student. Maintains resource library of reference materials for the processing of transfer credit. Provides support to the Coordinator, Admissions & Transfer Credit as well as the Transfer Credit Coordinator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Successful completion of an undergraduate bachelor’s degree. An applicable combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum 4 years of recent experience working in an admissions, transfer credit and/or enrolment service position within a Registrar’s Office.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of KPU programs as well as policies and processes relating to current application, admission and transfer processes.
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of BC transfer system and transfer credit articulation processes.
• Demonstrated experience assessing secondary and post-secondary transcripts for admission and transfer credit.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with prospective and current students, faculty and staff across the organization.
• Formal training and/or extensive acquired knowledge of Banner Student system at an intermediate/advanced level, or a similar student information system.
• Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and effectively with a diverse range of people and situations.
• Demonstrated ability in dealing with sensitive situations that call for the use of diplomacy and tact in the delivery of information and explanations.
• Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level with complex database systems such as Excel and Access.
• Demonstrated customer service experience in a fast-paced work environment involving multiple demands.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and presenting training activities
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and demonstrate initiative.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated aptitude for exacting and precise work.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word at an Intermediate level.
• Minimum of 40 WPM keyboarding skills with a high degree of accuracy.
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic math.
for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.