Administrator, Trust Accounting Investigations
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will receive, investigates, and responds to all customer inquiries and complaints regarding banking products and services, processes basic bank service transactions. With extensive knowledge of the job and policies/practices, performs a wide range of advanced administrative/operational assignments. In addition, you will investigate breaks that RPS could not identify or research due to limitations in accessing client material on the Shareholder Services systems and other related tools that details unitholders’ information. The restriction to sensitive information to the RPS team in Malaysia is dictated by our privacy framework that has been agreed upon with our clients.
What will you do?
- Ownership of breaks that require further investigation using various systems and client information.
- Responsible for the balancing and clearing of all breaks in CSS accounts.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all accounts in the PH&N environment
- Responsible for the initial escalation and query management to our various business partners within Shareholder Services and Client Operations.
- Investigate and direct the re-sourcing of all breaks tagged to Investigation in a timely manner.
- Ensure that annotations explain the reason for the break and the action that was taken.
- Ensure that the processing of journal entries are sent for approval prior to the deadline
- Ensure that working copies are acted on and filed to a shared drive highlighting work that been completed in order to resolve outages.
- Ensure that cross-training activities are completed within specified timeframe
- Provide backup for staff who are on vacation or out of the office.
- Identify areas of improvement by analyzing breaks and reviewing trends.
- Accurate completion of the EOD sign off sheet
- Ensure that DOPs are updated and accurately reflect process
- Completion of all personal learning courses within the established timeframes.
What do you need to succeed?
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Finance or Accounting
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.