ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR SS&HA (Toronto, ON, CA, M5A 2N2)
City : Toronto
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job ID: 34793
- Job Category:
- Division & Section: Shelter, Support & Housing Admin, SSHA Homelessness Init & Prevention Svcs
- Work Location: Seaton House, 339 George St. Toronto On M5A 2N2
- Job Type & Duration:Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $93,500 - $119,274
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
- Affiliation: Non-Union
- Qualified List will be established to fill permanent OR temporary positions
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 15-Mar-2023 to 29-Mar-2023
Reporting to the Manager, Seaton House, the Administrative Supervisor is responsible for ensuring sound internal controls are in place and providing financial, statistical, and administrative support including budget development and monitoring.
- Supervises and manages Seaton House’s financial and administrative operations
- Reviews and develops financial and administrative practices and conducts the appropriate analysis to identify trends, policies, procedures and strategies to ensure the effective and efficient administrative service delivery and sound financial management emphasizing internal control
- Supervises clerical staff that support the financial and budgetary operations of Seaton House as part of the senior management team
- Coordinates scheduling, workload assignment, labour relations matters, and other financial and administrative functions to ensure adherence to corporate and divisional policies
- Develops, implements and manages appropriate issues coordination systems to ensure effective service delivery at Seaton House and its' satellite locations. This includes tracking and reporting on the progress of various ongoing activities, special projects, etc.
- Coordinates the completion of all statistical data reports including but not limited to financial management and administrative matters
- Develops and maintains sound internal financial practices and procedures to ensure an effective financial control system. Ensures all statistical information is provided in a timely manner, coordinates the completion of data entry, statistics and reports
- Supports the development of and monitors Seaton House and its' satellite location's budget. Ensures the accuracy and effectiveness of reported revenue and expenditure data, and manages processes related to purchasing including purchase orders, requests for purchase, requests for quotation and contracts
- Provides support and advice to the unit’s operating management on matters of procurement and payroll policies and procedures
- Oversees audits and reconciliation of all Seaton House and satellite program invoices, client accounts, cost centres, contracts, and petty cash. Ensures all financial and budgetary matters adhere to Corporate and Divisional policies and practices
- Develops innovative and appropriate training programs for Seaton House's staff in the area of financial and administration practices and procedures
- Participates on project teams as a financial, administrative or strategic resource in a leadership capacity
- Ensures that effective relationships and communications are maintained with divisional management and corporate supports, external agencies and other applicable parties
- Provides support to the Managers and serves as a member of the unit's management team
- Assists with the coordination and supervision of attendance time entry and payroll related matters including the review and development payroll related practices and policies within Seaton House
- Prepares and manages purchase orders, requests for quotation, requests for purchase and contracts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Considerable experience in managing general office and administrative services including the supervision and training of support staff.
- Extensive experience in accounting or financial analysis in a major public or private sector organization.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting financial analysis, developing and implementing internal control practices and developing policies and procedures.
- Extensive experience in computer based budget systems including SAP, Advanced Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting techniques and practices including knowledge of corporate and divisional policies and practices as they relate to financial, budgetary, and administrative matters.
- Completed post-secondary education in a financial or administrative discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of related municipal and provincial legislation pertaining to Emergency Shelters, including a thorough working knowledge of the principles and practices employed in the effective application of sound administrative practices/procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, senior management, other divisions and outside agencies.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems independently.
- Proven time management, organizational and coordination skills.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of Occupational Health and Safety.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.