Administrative Assistant – Vancouver Island & Southeast BC Districts
City : Victoria, BC, CA, V6B4N7
Category : Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178758
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Looking for an individual with exceptional organizational skills who has a thorough working knowledge of Excel, is flexible, and can work well independently. Accuracy & thoroughness, with a keen focus on results is key.
The Administration Assistant is responsible for varied administrative support functions for a unit/department.
Provide PC services and support by:
- Producing documents from written material / rough drafts (e.g. letters / memos / reports);
- Proofreading work/output against source documents
- Inputting / formatting spreadsheets (Level 1 Complexity – simple formulas)
- Set up presentations from written material / rough drafts (Level 1 Complexity – e.g. Power Point)
- Conducting back up of systems
- Responding to requests for technical assistance relating to standard software issues.
Assist with maintenance of department’s record keeping and budget processes by:
- Preparing entries / transactions and supporting documents to process payments
- Recording / inputting / documenting data to track / monitor and control expenses
- Providing supporting information reports to management to support their decisions
- Producing statistical reports as directed to assist in the budget process, using simple spreadsheet software.
Provide administrative support to management by:
- Booking conference rooms/meeting rooms /arranging for catering services
- Booking travel arrangements
- Photocopying / binding documents
- Faxing documents / e-mail messaging
- Receiving / sorting / logging / distributing incoming and outgoing mail; preparing outgoing mail for dispatch
- Maintaining a circulation file system
- Maintaining a BF system
- Acting as receptionist to visitors / taking messages for forwarded telephone calls
- Arranging for or making urgent deliveries of documents / packages.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of department’s policies and procedures;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage time;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- High degree of accuracy required;
- High level of discretion required in dealing with confidential matters;
- Sound knowledge of business/bank terminology and departmental procedures.
- Strong and professional level verbal/written communication skills.
- Incumbent must be articulate.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong organizational know-how (structure, key staff).
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : British Columbia : Kelowna || Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.