Administrative Assistant, RBCx
City : OTTAWA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As the Administrative Assistant, you will play a critical role by providing direct support to the Director, Relationship Management at RBCx. RBCx is a full-service platform to accelerate the entrepreneurial journey at every stage of growth – providing access to capital solutions, innovative products and services, and operational expertise to help technology companies scale. You will be accountable for managing schedules, departmental events and executive correspondence to ensure the effectiveness of the executive leadership team. In addition, you will liaise with RBC Leadership and business partners on behalf of the Directors, follow-up on action items, maintain calendars, coordinate travel arrangements, maintain and organize files, prepare correspondence and other presentation materials, and prepare / act as a pre-verification officer for department expense reports.
What will you do?
- Provide executive administrative assistance in support of the senior executive maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Assist as the primary liaison for the senior executive, with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and maintain senior executive’s correspondence, calendar, and reporting, responding and prioritizing as appropriate and with discretion.
- Proactively manage complex travel arrangements/itinerary; ensuring seamless travel and efficient use of budgeting and resources.
- Coordinate and provide support for internal and external event planning such as offsite sessions, communication & roundtable sessions, Town Halls & Coffee chats
- Manage the senior executive/leadership team’s supplier relations, maintain records and business expenses, and ensure invoices and bills are promptly paid; prepare and approve expenses according to delegated authorities.
- Coordinate all aspects of logistical organization of conferences/meetings. Develop agendas, materials and routines, including action items and follow-ups. Provide post-event support as needed.
- Coordinate arrangements for employee changes and onboarding plans for new hires, including equipment and premises requirements and ensuring adherence policies and procedures.
- Support the Director’s monthly portfolio quality reviews by gathering relevant reports and commentary from VP’s on outstanding items.
- Plays a vital role in event planning. Ability to communicate and aren't afraid to talk to C-suite executives, event attendees, donors, brand sponsors, and, of course, vendors. Strong interpersonal skills are a must to ensure everybody involved in the event understands their role and things run without a glitch
What you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of Executive or Administrative support experience supporting senior leadership.
- Superior organizational skills specifically around calendar management, scheduling, ability to organize, plan, and schedule activities.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills in working effectively with various levels of staff, including senior management and executives; ability to work as a team member.
- Sound judgement in decision making; strong problem solving skills and resourceful in working with others and representing the office of the senior executive.
- Anticipate the needs of the senior executive and flag questions or opportunities before issues arise.
- Demonstrate initiative, positive and helpful attitude when dealing with others in a professional manner.
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook); Intranet and Internet navigating and research skills.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- World-class solutions and senior leadership training with countless development opportunities.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, and competitive compensation.
- A focus on work-life balance.
- A unique opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.