Administrative Assistant (12-month contract)
City : STONEY CREEK
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Administrative Assistant (12-month contract) - ( 240000IG )
We create the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Stantec Transportation Group in Ontario West requires an Administrative Assistant to support our Transportation project team in Hamilton, London or Waterloo.
Your Key Responsibilities
We have an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant with strong multi-tasking, interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills to provide administrative, operational and project related assistance. This position will be ideal for an individual who takes pride in keeping the team well organized, running smoothly and to be able to "think ahead". As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative, operational and project related assistance
- Liaise with staff members and assist with project administration including reports, proposals, correspondence schedules, minutes, spreadsheets, letters, presentations, database lists, specifications, contracts, etc.
- Organize, attend and minute meetings including the coordination and tracking of action items and deliverables
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules and deliverables, as requested
- Clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, courier, printing, mail distribution, etc.
- Processing expense reports and timecard administration, as required
- Travel coordination and arrangements
- Electronic calendar management including scheduling meetings and boardroom bookings
- Assist with document control including filing and archiving
- Reception coverage on occasion
Your Capabilities and Credentials
You are an effective “team player” who has an ability to work with little or no supervision, multi-task and have the ability to work effectively in an environment with competing priorities and confidential/sensitive issues. As a self-motivated individual, you excel at working independently and also enjoy a team environment.
Additional qualification details include:
- Previous experience working on projects with an Engineering firm is desirable
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and presentation support tools, specifically Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience and ability in learning and adapting to programs and processes quickly
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good understanding of how to create, maintain and retrieve information quickly and effectively
- Strong writing skills, including proofreading skills and typing accuracy
Education and Experience
This role does not require an individual to have any specific education or training, but candidates with relevant experience along with an administrative related certificate or diploma will be given preference.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1650 Transpt-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 1, 2024, 8:35:24 AM
Req ID: 240000IG
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans