Administrative and Technical Assistant
City : Moncton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Administrative and Technical Assistant - ( 230001YF )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Our Environmental Services group is looking for an Administrative and Technical Assistant, to provide support with the day-to-day requirements of a multi-office group. You will be reporting directly to the Team Lead and working closely with Project Managers. The ideal candidate will have strong Microsoft Office Skills (ie Word, Excel and PowerPoint) experience including document layout, and composition, Excel Table composition and formatting and compilation of PowerPoint presentations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Formatting and processing of correspondence, reports, letters, memoranda, forms and templates
- Provide support to the project managers with business development pursuits including preparation of presentations to clients and preparation of proposals
- Support the project managers by providing review of report deliverables to clients and coordination of submission of deliverables
- Preparing and formatting chemistry tables and using excel spreadsheets and databases
- Creating and maintaining internal filing systems
- Coordinating print jobs
- Coordinating agendas, meetings, and special events including staff functions
- Supporting conformance with company policies, procedures, and ISO-certified Integrated Management System
- Working with internal company systems such as Pro-Sapien Health and Safety software
- Attends and provides meeting minutes including tracking of action items and deliverables
- Coordinates travel itineraries and arrangements
- Perform other administrative duties, and tasks as required for this role
- Reception responsibilities (answering calls, greeting visitors, mail, couriers)
- New hire onboarding
- Ordering office and HSSE supplies
- Coding invoices
- Assisting technical staff in the field with field assignments when required
- Calibration and maintenance of in house equipment and equipment tracking and billing
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills
- Extensive/recent experience with formatting of Microsoft Word 365 and Adobe documents (skill level will be evaluated with a practical test)
- Advanced practical experience in other computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Adobe Reader/Writer, Project and PowerPoint)
- Detail-focused individual, who has the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast pace working environment
- Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within frequently changing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys working independently and within a team
Education and Experience
Minimum of 2 years of post-secondary administrative education and/or an environmental technical background or equivalent.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Membertou
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton
Organization : BC-1214 EnvSvcs-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 5, 2023, 1:56:58 PM
Req ID: 230001YF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans