Administration Trainee (Trans and Non-Binary Youth Career Development Program) (Toronto, ON, CA, M5V 3C6)
City : Toronto
Category : Administrative
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
- Job ID: 35991
- Job Category: Administrative
- Division & Section: Various
- Work Location: Various
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Multiple Temporary (5 month) vacancies
- Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $19.77 - $21.67, TFT002, 79T2
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
- Affiliation: L79 Full-time
- Posting Period: 06-MARCH-2023 to 31-MARCH-2023
The Trans and Non-Binary Youth Career Development Program is a paid, entry-level employment opportunity that offers you employability skill building in a professional field across the City of Toronto. This five month program provides Trans and Non-Binary youth aged 18-35 the opportunity to work on projects, learn about the organization and take professional development workshops.
- Further develop employability skills, close gaps in resumes and build current references
- Work under the direct supervision of and be mentored by a Project Guide
- Support the development of programs, strategies and policies to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives at City of Toronto
- Expand your career development options at the City of Toronto and beyond
As an Administrative Trainee you will…
- Assist in the assembly and compilation of information and survey packages
- Collect data by distributing questionnaires and asking participants/groups for information/opinions etc.
- Assist in inputting, retrieving, compiling, consolidating and maintaining data, statistics and document findings
- Assist in the organization and presentation of data collected
- Assist others in drafting documents and data analysis
- Support the team by answering calls, providing general information, taking messages and directing inquiries to appropriate staff to answer questions/handle requests
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data with defined objectives in a deadline driven environment.
- Confident writing and producing reports and/or written summaries.
- A minimum typing speed of 35 wpm (words per minute) and working knowledge of MSOffice (e.g. Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Familiarity in a virtual and hybrid work environment
- Use of Cisco Webex is an asset
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative to complete research projects on time and within expectations
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and proven resourcefulness to navigate an ambiguous environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective and professional written and oral communication skills when engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work in a demanding work environment with many competing priorities and deadlines
- Possess sound judgment with an ability to work independently on confidential and sensitive matters
We encourage you to share how your lived experience has informed your approach to work and employment.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.