Admin Assistant, Engineering & Projects
City : Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Category : Full Time Engineering
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Sherritt
Headquartered in Toronto, Sherritt is a world leader in using hydrometallurgical processes to mine and refine nickel and cobalt – metals essential for an electric future. Its Technologies Group creates innovative, proprietary solutions for natural resource- based industries around the world to improve environmental performance and increase economic value.
Sherritt has embarked on a multi-pronged growth strategy focused on expanding nickel and cobalt production by up to 20% from 2021 and extending the life of mine at Moa beyond 2040. The Corporation is also the largest independent energy producer in Cuba. Sherritt’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “S”.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering & Projects, the Admin Assistant will provide efficient, effective, proactive, and confidential administrative services to the Engineering and Projects team.
The position will be based out of our Fort Saskatchewan plant site.
- Support effective communication to and between Engineering & Projects and external stakeholders such as MCAT and Operations.
- Maintain monthly KPIs and reporting for the Engineering & Projects team.
- Administer the Projects SharePoint site, department policies, standards and technical
- Support the project management team in distributing and tracking documentation required in the stage gate process.
- Provide back-up executive support to other admins in Asset Management as required.
- Assist the Engineers in compiling packages and documentation.
- General administrative support including organization of meetings, purchase requisitions, and meeting
room tools/supplies, sustainment of team records for training & development, vacation, office locations, site parking, etc.
- Facilitate the department specific employee onboarding requirements related to all aspects of the office
environment including IT equipment.
- At the request of E&P Managers, organize various department awards, celebrations and team events.
- May work on special projects to include recording, compiling, retrieving, reporting, and analyzing information.
- Working in record management with documentation that includes processing drawings received from engineering companies.
- Assisting with printing/plotting/scanning, and making PDF’s, as well as filing.
Qualifications and Skills
- Certificate and/or diploma from a two-year training program in Office/Business Administration from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 8 years of office experience
- Knowledge of the Engineering and Project functions is preferred.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of software applications i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint
- Records management experience.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, SharePoint and Bluebeam is preferred.
What Sherritt Can Offer You
- Competitive wage with comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee wellbeing
- Generous paid time off to support and empower employee work/life balance
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Application Deadline: The job posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly and engaged in the interview process.