Adenza / Axiom Data Engineer with Enterprise, Credit Risk Technology
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : IT Strategy Consultants
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191977
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Enterprise Capital Management Solutions (ECMS) team provide development and support services to Finance (Capital Management) and Global Risk Management in delivering Regulatory and Non-Regulatory technology solutions. If you are excited to work on a data centric application that demands high quality work in rolling out new creative solutions and enhancements to the existing solutions both with the speed, quality, and production stability, this is the place for you.
- Enterprise Capital Management Solutions (ECMS) is seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer (Axiom/Adenza Specialist) who is a SME with good experience in credit risk and capital regulatory space.
- The incumbent will be responsible for acting as the liaison between Development, Business and Operations Teams. Will help translate to the risk regulations requirements, participate, and provide design and solutions for various RWA optimization initiatives.
- The successful candidate would be responsible for several phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including feasibility studies, research, analysis, development, and testing for new systems or enhancements to existing medium to large initiatives.
- The incumbent must work under tight deadlines, conflicting priorities and changing project requirements. The incumbent must be able to react quickly to resolve problems and work overtime on occasion to meet deadlines and to implement systems with minimal impact to the end users.
- To join our team, the individual must be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn, be adaptable to a high-paced environment, and thrive on challenge.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
Hands on Technical Working Experience:
- Axiom Controller View, Python, SQL, R, Java, Power BI, Visio,
- Experience in Analytics and Reporting background to help drive solutions / results.
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems. Writing and maintaining related documentation
- Work on various initiatives and support the business strategies to help modernize and enhance the Bank’s Capital Reporting capabilities.
- Work with Business lines to understand the RWA optimizations and output floors requirements and provide meaningful recommendations and help with implementation. Champion being a business data steward to help manage the CDE.
- Maintain an awareness of emerging trends and best practices in Technology and Solution designs, both within and outside of Scotiabank to ensure we provide best client experience and quick solution for our business partners.
- Work with team to guide, design, build reusable components and scalable solutions. High attention to detail, quality, and workmanship
- Detail oriented, methodical and has ability to translate business needs into automated solutions.
- The incumbent will be expected to demonstrate effective leadership skills, including the ability to assume end-to-end ownership of a project and responsibility for the related project deliverables.
- Active collaboration with Business stakeholders in facilitating functional, data flow and solution design discussions.
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- 8+ years of IT and Risk Management working experience in technology space in business and enterprise-level technology solutions.
- 4+ year of working experience in Adenza/Axiom Controller View Tool.
- Comfortable working in database environments. Experience with MSSQL, Oracle, HDFS/Hive, MinIO an asset.
- SME with a strong Business knowledge of Credit Risk and Capital RWA Computation and Calculations. Calculating EAD, PD, LGD and other risk metrics.
- Good understanding and reporting experience in Canadian Basel and Credit Risk Regulations
- Strong diagnostic skills followed by good ability to evaluate options/alternatives and develop solutions/recommendations for solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problems/issues.
- Good Communication skills and Effective time management and organization skills
- Experience with Financial Services and Capital Credit Risk technologies is required.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- High aptitude for diving in and picking up new technologies as required.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.