Actuarial Analyst, Group Pricing
City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This role is accountable for developing, enhancing and maintaining reporting and analysis applications to be used in Group Pricing and also in support of pricing-related activities in the Underwriting and Sales areas. This position supports the attainment of our strategic objectives, including the growth of the Group Benefit Solutions product offering.
What will you do?
- Maintain and enhance existing analysis and operational tools, such as rating adjustment tools, renewal tools, lapse reports, sales compensation reports, etc.
- Support and enhance profitability studies and experience studies for multiple product lines, involve in pricing model testing and enhancement, and communicate the results of reports to a wider audience – Group Underwriting, Sales, Group Business Council, etc.
- Participate in the team's daily work by analyzing actuarial data and propose changes.
- Become a subject matter expert on detailed claims analysis, including general experience reporting and pricing analysis.
- Assist the Group Pricing Actuaries in other analysis as requested.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel is required
- Bachelor’s degree with an Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or other relevant major
- Minimum of two Society of Actuaries exams completed
Nice to Have
- Strong knowledge of programming and analysis tools such as R and VBA is highly desirable
- Previous actuarial related experience would be an asset
- The ideal candidate has a strong desire to set and exceed challenging goals with high energy and a drive for superior results
- Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively influence others as well as present issues, options and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences
What's in it for you?
- A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your production
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.