City : Etobicoke, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Acquisitions
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Etobicoke, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Development & Acquisitions, GTA Urban Division
Senior Manager, Acquisitions & Development
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully-planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. That success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. It means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting—and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy Urban, the dedicated high-/mid-rise division of Mattamy Homes Canada, is seeking to hire an Acquisitions Analyst for the Acquisitions group within our larger Development and Acquisitions team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Acquisitions & Development, the Analyst will assist with and be trained in sourcing, evaluating, and structuring large-scale land acquisitions, partnerships/joint ventures, and similar efforts, with a focus on large master-planned communities. Over time, the Analyst will learn about the complete development cycle via collaboration and exposure to multiple functional groups with deep experience across all fundamental disciplines of urban residential real estate development. The Mattamy Urban team has an ambitious growth mandate for the years ahead, and this is a unique opportunity to join Mattamy as we continue to scale up our high-rise business.
What you’ll do
- Prepare sophisticated proformas for potential acquisitions, with a primary focus on large-scale master planned communities.
- Work alongside highly-experienced project teams to populate and validate proforma assumptions while building upon your own understanding of the complete development cycle.
- Coordinate the gathering of materials and assist the drafting of letters of intent, agreements of purchase and sale, joint venture and partnership agreements, RFQ/RFP submissions, and management reports.
- Support the due diligence and approvals process for potential investments, including assisting with the project management of internal teams, analysis of technical documents, and preparation of investment committee materials.
- Contribute to the ongoing development management of master planned communities in the Mattamy pipeline, including consultant coordination, project team management, and proforma scenario analysis.
- Research, compile, and analyze market data to support revenue and land pricing assumptions.
- Learn to assist in the structuring and sourcing of complex real estate transactions.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Real Estate, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- 1 year experience in real estate investment or finance roles, including co-op or internship experience.
- CFA or related Finance background is a strong asset but is not required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial modelling is required, with prior experience or training in the modelling of financial waterfalls and other creative partnership/joint venture structures as well as an intuitive understanding of “time value of money” metrics.
- Residential real estate industry experience is highly desirable, including familiarity with the development process and overall industry landscape (key competitors, brokers, consultants).
- A team-focused attitude and enthusiasm to learn.
- A highly organized and detail oriented mentality, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for residential real estate, specifically community building, product innovation, and customer-focused thinking.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.