Acoustic, Noise and Vibration Specialist – Summer 2023
City : Aurora, ON
Category : Environment - Enviro Management
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
GREATER TORONTO AREA
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
You’ll be part of our growing Acoustics, Noise and Vibration Team, using your skills as an Acoustics, Noise and Vibration Engineer or Scientist to complete assessments and design major Infrastructure projects in Ontario and beyond! This role offers a variety of work, blended between field and office time performing projects related to proposal pursuit, reporting, design, monitoring, and client development. The projects you will support will be some of the most complex and innovative ones for our Earth & Environmental Team.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You'll be using your expertise to conduct acoustics, noise and vibration measurements, including on-site setups, field monitoring, calibration, and maintenance of equipment
- Prepare field documentation relating to field activities, including data collection, analysis, and manipulation, and collaborate with our many counterparts in many different disciplines at WSP and provide expertise and client deliverables on projects;
- You’ll be managing relationships with internal and external clients as you complete project-related task, and help ensure client needs are understood and met, providing your guidance and expertise;
- You’ll support field investigation from the planning stage to the report delivery
- Conduct visual inspection and monitoring the implementation of mitigation measures
- You’ll have an opportunity to be resourceful, to innovate and solve technical challenges
- You’ll be part of a supportive team with opportunities to grow
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Working on Post-secondary education or with experience in, electronics, instrumentation, mechanical environmental, or similar technical field or similar
- Mechanical / electronic aptitude and are comfortable using hand tools
- Experience with programming would be an asset.
- You enjoy working outdoors, and at a desk and like to work both; autonomously and part of a larger team
- Your willingness to continuously learn and apply your tech savvy skills
- You’ve got access to a vehicle, a clean Driver’s Abstract, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products;
- You want to experience what it’s like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!