Accounts Receivable Technician
City : Moncton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Accounts Receivable Technician - ( 240000JK )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 28,000 employees in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services.
Stantec is looking for a detail oriented and proactive Accounts Receivable person to join our Accounts Receivable team. Working in collaboration with our entire accounting team, the Accounts Receivable person will be responsible for accounts Receivable transactions and supporting the implementation and documentation of all financial regulatory requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ensure integrity of data and strict confidentiality of financial records as they relate to the company and its customers
- Receive third party payments, prepare and fill out receipts (cash, cheque, credit and other forms of payment) for customers
- Post and reconcile customer payments to general ledgers.
- Post A/R data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation
- Investigate and resolve payment discrepancies
- Review all credit balances, refunds and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records
- Balance daily accounts receivable batches, and prepare and distribute income reports and statistics to appropriate personnel
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies
- Investigate collection problems and work with Collections to remedy issue
- Complete month end A/R procedures as well as external and internal audit information requests
- Organize and maintain retention files for required period of time
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Previous Accounts Receivable training or experience is required.
- Good understanding of accounting concepts and principles
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, possessing strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to keep confidential financial and other proprietary company information
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as work well in a team environment, taking the initiative to complete tasks as they arise
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, vendors and employees throughout the organization.
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in an office environment
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP Software
- Customer Service skills
Education and Experience
High School Diploma with minimum of 2-3 years experience; or equivalent combination of post secondary education and experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1205 Financial Services-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 5, 2024, 2:02:01 PM
Req ID: 240000JK
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans