Accounts Payable Technician
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Accounts Payable Technician - ( 220002O1 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 25,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec is looking for a detail oriented and proactive individual to join our Accounts Payable (AP) team. Working in collaboration with our entire accounting team, the individual will be responsible for accounts payable transactions and supporting the implementation and documentation of all financial regulatory requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Processing high volume of accounts payable invoices in an electronic environment
- Participate in the online audit of expense reports
- Provide timely customer support and assistance through communication with Stantec offices
- Work in an open team environment to ensure that the goals of the Accounts Payable team are met
- Undertake special projects or assignments
- Communicate with vendors as required
- Assist in providing audit documentation requests
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Previous Accounts Payable experience is an asset
- Understanding of accounting concepts and principles is an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, vendors and employees
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in an office environment
- Oracle AP experience is desirable
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong customer service skills
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 2-3 years office experience is an asset
Position will primarily work in an office setting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job : Accounts Payable
Organization : BC-1200 Financial Services-Accounts Payable-CA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 5, 2022, 12:17:19 PM
Req ID: 220002O1
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans