Accountant – Transportation(Hybrid)
City : Saint John
Category : Finance
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
Accountant - Transportation (Hybrid)
JDI Finance has over 250 finance professionals delivering accounting and reporting, business analysis and transactional services to the operating divisions of J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). It is a collaborative organization of dedicated financial professionals offering many careers paths within finance and across our diverse businesses.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Accountant-Transportation. This role is based with our Finance team in Saint John, New Brunswick and works closely with all stakeholders to drive organizational value through ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the accounting and reporting function.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and RRSP plans
- Hybrid Work opportunities (2 days/week remotely)
- Flexible benefits
- Wellness support, including wellness allowance
- Paid vacation time
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- On-site Cafe and Gym at our Head Office
- Bachelor’s degree
- Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation is an asset
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting work experience
- Highly self-motivated, innately curious, and solutions focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with JD Edwards, TM1, Power BI and/or Blackline considered an asset
Reporting to, and in collaboration with the Senior Accountant, the primary responsibilities are:
- Maintaining the general ledger accounts and/or developing or reviewing financial statements and reports, including periodic financial reporting packages, weekly reports, standard variance reporting, performance summaries, and quarterly review reporting
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives for the divisional team and identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes you own
- Performing period end accounting activities, such as reconciliations, accruals, results review and working with business analysts to analyze results.
- Supporting the year-end external audit and other compliance requirements
- Ad hoc reporting requests in addition to support on initiatives as requested
We appreciate your interest in our company, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.