City : Copper Cliff, ON, CAN
Category : See posting
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Vale
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine critical minerals that power electric vehicles, create renewable energy solutions and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution
Our corporate office, located in downtown Toronto serves as the headquarters for the global Base Metals business, providing support to all our Base Metals operations. In Mississauga, Vale’s Base Metals Technology Development team work to improve Vale’s competitive edge and support its growth strategies by coming up with safer and more environmentally responsible technology.
Vale is seeking an energetic accounting professional to provide financial stewardship and accounting support to the NAPG Surface Projects Team.
The Project Accountant is an integral part of the project team who will oversee the accounting controls and processes throughout project execution. They will be able to perform risk assessments on project activities and develop mitigating controls in response. The Project Accountant will create and roll out procedures to the project team and make the modifications as required to adapt to changes in the project environment. They will liaise with Ontario Operations, in particular the Finance Department to coordinate the reporting of project costs. The successful candidate will have good decision making and communication skills. They will have strong problem-solving skills and be adaptable and flexible in a changing environment.
Additionally, in this position you will:
- Oversight of internal controls for the project to ensure appropriate approvals and reporting systems for project spend in accordance with Vale norms and industry standards. Create and adjust project policies and procedures as required to respond to risk.
- Perform capitalization work to prepare project costs for entry into ERP system for project assets upon completion. Develop capitalization plan in accordance with accounting standards and Vale norms. Maintain fixed asset register suitable for capitalization at closeout. Ensure capitalization procedures are effective to meet corporate accounting standards asset depreciation requirements;
- Work directly with Finance department to facilitate capitalization, asset handover, project allocations and other transactions as required.
- Responsible for tracking and managing the transfer of existing assets between Operations and the Project.
- Responsible for reporting the removal of existing operation assets as a result of project work to the Finance department and facilitating the appropriate paperwork/approvals to remove it from the system.
- Work with the Project Controls team to manage the capitalization and taxation data and coding in the project management system
- Assist with the development and implementation of effective financial controls to ensure the integrity of accounting data; audit trails provided for all transactions; key accounts reconciled.
- Provide information for the accumulation of forecasted depreciation and other financial data as required to assist Finance department with routine budgeting process.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Required certification: CA, CMA, or CGA
- 3-4 years of project accounting experience.
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience using SAP would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of general accounting and internal financial control principles and construction industry cost control and reporting processes.
- Proficient with MS Office products, experience with integrated general accounting ERP systems such as SAP, e-business (PA, AP, Proc.).
How can Vale grow your career?
Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
- Opportunities to advise and oversee the design, budget and construction of new mines and expansions
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Apply by: June 7, 2023]]>