Account Manager/National Account Manager – Energy, Chemicals and Plastics
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 4X9
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Req ID: 100680
- Department: Sales & Marketing
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 20-30%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 04/15/2023
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As a member of the CP sales team, you will be part of a proven sales and marketing team that has built success in the transportation industry for over a century. You will play a key role working with customers across our rail network. This role will have a competitive sales incentive plan and will help CP grow our business with new sales and customers.
You will be CP’s primary customer interface for a defined customer base. The generation of revenue growth will primarily be with an existing portfolio of customers through relationship building and management, through knowledge of the Energy, Chemicals & Plastics (ECP) market and development of existing business accounts.
- Develop and execute sales account strategies and plans for assigned accounts and new business opportunities;
- Meet and exceed yield, price, revenue and market share targets and standards as set out corporately by the ECP team;
- Execute contract and tariff renewals within established trading space, looking to best leverage all contractual traders, while utilizing effective negotiation skills;
- Progress qualified sales leads (pipelines of opportunities) and convert them into new revenue and positive operating income;
- Highlight and document customers’ “terms of sales” for key internal stakeholders to facilitate execution and measurement of product sold;
- Obtain, synthesizes and concisely articulates key customer and market information, collect and verify market information;
- Work with the marketing and pricing team in order to offer customers the most competitive pricing options;
- Be the customer advocate within CP for all commercial issues;
- Communicate, context and carry CP’s corporate strategy and key business messages to our customers and our external market;
- Act as the primary contact for sales counterparts at other class one railroads in regards to joint line business and opportunity development.
- University degree in business, marketing or related field preferred;
- Previous sales experience is a requirement;
- Previous exposure within transportation, supply chain management, distribution, or logistics, rail preferred;
- Energy, Chemical and Plastic industry and market knowledge and intelligence preferred;
- Negotiating skills, strategic planning, critical thinking and financial analysis/acumen;
- Track record in successfully closing deals and willingness to ask for the business or the sale;
- Able to make connections and build/maintain strong relationships both internally and externally;
- Strong advocacy/influence/persuasion capabilities (for CP internal stakeholders as well with the customers);
- Ability to learn commercial systems such as price worksheets, customer relationship management tools;
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Multilingual (French/English/Spanish) considered an asset;
- Ability to deal with multiple stakeholders;
- Willing and able to work in a team environment;
- Self-starter and willingness to take initiative on customer opportunities and issues.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Sales Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
- Flexible work environment
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").