Account Manager, Government & Public Sector
City : Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Advisory services, Commercial banking
Employer : National Bank
A career as an Account Manager, Business Banking, Government and Public Sector, means being responsible for growing the portfolio of business customers entrusted to you. Your varied and complex tasks will enable you to quickly become a privileged guide in all your customers' financial projects.
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, grow your business customer base and establish business development strategies.
- Achieve your customers' business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on an optimal mix of products and services offered by the Bank.
- Ensure you meet evolving customer needs by adapting and optimizing financial products and sales approaches
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of customer agreements, ensuring that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria.
- Develop sales and business development plans
- Support the Associate Vice-Presidents, Government Banking and Public Sector, in the achievement of objectives
- Given the importance of cash management and deposit management, work with the Treasury and Account Manager to meet customer needs and develop these products.
Working in the 1859 Commercial Banking and Private Banking sector, you will join our team of specialized professionals who support our corporate customers. You will also be surrounded by an ecosystem of specialists, such as financing solutions managers, who will help you propose the solutions best suited to our customers' needs.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, you will be responsible for a portfolio of customers based in Western Canada. This position can be based in Winnipeg or Calgary.
Our training programs use on-the-job learning to help you master your role. You can access customized training content on topics such as banking solutions and the consultative approach to support your ongoing learning. You'll also have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experience and backgrounds to enrich every aspect of your development.
- Depending on your academic background, a minimum of five to nine years' experience in business development and sales in the financial sector:
- University certificate or University Banking Program (UBP) and nine years' experience
- Bachelor's degree and seven years' experience
- Master's degree and five years' experience
- Sales and business development experience
- Commercial credit experience
- Experience in cash management and products
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic