City : Vancouver
Category : Full-time Other
Industry : Marketing And Advertising
Employer : dentsu
The Account Manager is a key media partner for our clients. This role is the expert on the client’s business and a leader in media strategy for the client and internally with the iProspect team. The Account Manager has a strong working knowledge of the media landscape in BC. This role would directly oversee 2-3 media planners and buyers and ultimately unite a team of up to 6 to deliver on client needs.
The BC Government account is large and fast moving. Our role is significant in ensuring important messaging reaches the residents of BC wherever they live in the province. Campaigns range from safety initiatives, supporting our BC industry and issues such as public health and mental wellness. This role would work closely with the client, Director and media team to understand short term campaign needs and think long term to keep the account on track. This role offers the opportunity to oversee a significant and important business in BC, develop key management skills and bring innovation to the team and account.
Working closely with the Account Director, the Account Manager would offer guidance and advice on media buyers (broadcast, OOH, Print, Social, Display, OLV, Search etc) regularly check in on deliverables, seek mentorship on large media plans and thinking, and share any pain points in deliverables for the Director to support on.
- Lead weekly status meetings with the team to understand priorities for the week / month ahead and key deliverables
- Leading key client communication where relevant – proactive and responsive in account service – acknowledging emails, setting deadlines for response, managing expectations
- Supervises media planner / buyer in client communications
- Works closely with Account Director to develop strategic direction of client’s business using best in class research and planning approaches, leveraging support from Media planner / buyers to bring audience insights from research tools or media learnings to life
- Accountable for media plan output timelines, accuracy, and overall excellence
- Works closely with Media Operations team to ensure budget control and investment management are on track
- Leads by example when it comes to our team culture, vendor partner meetings (engagement) and client relations
- Post-secondary education in communications/marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in similar role
- Ability to articulate a strategic communications plan and develop recommendations to respond to client issues and needs.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of key media tools – Lens, Comb, ComScore, FB planner, Airfare, FB/YT platforms etc. and terminology CPPs, GRPs, CTRs etc.
- Advanced level MS Office skills: Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP), Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Review and maintain an understanding of client budgets and reporting tools
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Canada.Recruitment@dentsuaegis.com or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.