City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for identifying and building new business while managing existing accounts. You will be expected to disrupt customers’ thinking and build consensus for Shaw Business enterprise accounts with a key focus on Government & Education sectors.
A typical day
• Design and implement sales strategies to ensure the company meets its revenue objectives by growing new and existing accounts.
• Use consultative selling techniques to educate and offer unique perspectives on our customer’s business which link directly back to Shaw Business Enterprise solutions.
• Collaborate with Government & Education team to build out strategy and develop business.
• Navigate and master the bidding process of the public sector.
• Research prospective organizations to identify the right customer stakeholders to sell to.
• Leverage your existing network within the public sector to ensure SHAW is well-positioned.
• Coach customer stakeholders and build consensus for Shaw Business Enterprise solutions within their organization.
• Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
• Regularly update the CRM system with the latest customer information and use customer intelligence for account planning purposes.
• Collaborate with Marketing to ensure consistent messaging to customers and help them gather the voice of the customer information when needed. What We Are Looking For:
• Strategic Thinkers—Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal challenges
• Communicators—Tailors communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Influencers—Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations
• Networkers—Identifies the right customer stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success
• High Achievers—Goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has a relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision
• Workflow Management—Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Account Executive.
• A background in telecommunications
• Proven Enterprise sales experience in the public and private sector with an entrepreneurial and self-motivated mindset.
• Proven experience selling managed services;
• Work experience involving critical thinking and influencing in any industry. What We Offer:
• Competitive base salary + uncapped commissions
• Customizable benefits plan to suit you and your family’s needs including extended coverage on things like Invisalign and laser eye surgery.
• Employee Discounts on SHAW entertainment products
• Dedicated resources for continuous learning and career growth
• Success Sharing Program, Employee Share Purchase Plan, scholarships for dependents, enhanced parental leave, and retirement and savings plans
• Employee Giving Programs to augment your charitable endeavors and support you in giving back to the community
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated