City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Manager of Enterprise Sales, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing new business in enterprise accounts that are headquartered in Toronto, with locations based in Western and Eastern Canada. This role has a heavy focus on prospecting, relationship management, revenue growth and retention, as well as strategic and long-term thinking. Success will be measured on quarterly and yearly sales targets, customer satisfaction and funnel health.
A typical day
• Daily meetings prospecting new business and positioning Shaw Business as the premier data communications services provider to the enterprise market
• Identify and analyze our clients’ business requirements, propose potential solutions, negotiate and close new business revenues
• Develop and manage strong client relationships with new customers
• Consistently meet or exceed assigned sales objectives for Shaw Business services
• Act as team lead with Project Managers, Engineering, Network Operations, and Customer Care, in the design and installation of Customized network solutions
• Act as a single point of contact for the full suite of Shaw Business products and services
• Prepare sales forecasts, month-end reports and strategic account plans; Use CRM tool daily
• Various other duties as required **Regular meetings will be required internally and externally on a daily basis and the current work environment will remain fluid due to Provincial and Regional restrictions related to COVID-19. A combination of work-from-home and in-office attendance may be required
• A minimum of 5+ years' experience in business-to-business major account sales, preferably in the area of telecommunications and/or high-tech with a strong focus on prospecting cold, new business “hunting”
• Exceptional track record as an Account Executive with a strong portfolio of existing relationships you can leverage in this position
• Experience with telecommunications technologies, specifically Managed SDWan, Managed WiFi, Managed Surveillance, Hosted Voice and Contact Centre, Private Line, Data Centre, MPLS, and IP services
• Ability to develop complex proposals and present to all levels in a client’s organization
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills
• Exceptional rapport building and relationship management skills
• Proficient in entire Microsoft Office suite as well as Salesforce CRM
• Effective territory management skills
• Post-secondary education in business administration or a related technical field
• A positive “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity Who We Are Looking For:
• Hunters- Excited to prospect cold enterprise business with a high energy and a sense of urgenc
• Strategic Thinkers—Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal challenges
• Communicators—Tailors communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills Influencers—Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations
• Networkers—Identifies the right customer stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success
• High Achievers—Goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has a relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision
• Workflow Management—Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated