Account Administration Officer
City : Ottawa, ON, CA, K1G6R7
Category : Financial Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174446
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As an Account Administration Officer reporting to the Account Administration Team Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the Private Investment Counsel (PIC) and MD Management Ltd (MDM) lines of business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration of client accounts, not limited to, but rather including account openings, account maintenance, and account funding.
- Responsible for supporting transfer requests, resolving transfer inquiries, as well as completing follow up on initiated transfers while providing the highest level of service to both our members and our partners
- The facilitation and maintenance of the professional image of MD Financial Management through interactions with cross-functional teams in Portfolio Services, Regulatory Affairs, Multi-Asset Management and Regional Offices
Education & Experience:
- University degree or College diploma, preferably with a financial background;
- 2 years’ experience in the Financial Services industry with an understanding of the rules regarding Estates, Trusts, RESPs, RRSPs/RRIFs, TFSAs and non-registered investments and applicable tax-related issues;
- Thorough understanding of all accounting and administrative policies and procedures as related to client transactions;
- Experience with customer relationships management tool
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course is an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal outcome
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and flexibility
- Sound capacity to assess, develop and monitor complex business processes
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.