Accessibility Learning Specialist, Scotia Digital (8 months) (Vancouver Hub)
City : Vancouver, ON, CA
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175036
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
**This is an 8 months contract role** extension is possible but not guaranteed.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here — and it starts with you.
At Scotia Digital, our plans for accessibility and digital inclusion are ambitious. With the support of senior executives, our mission is to enable the organization to provide inclusive experiences for all – customers and colleagues. Our accessibility practice resides within our broader Product and Design Community of Practice. Because of this, we are ideally positioned to enable various roles and teams to properly consider real world accessibility and keep digitally inclusive considerations in mind at key times throughout a project’s life cycle. This enables us to properly embed inclusive and accessible practices into all experiences and treats people with dignity by giving them the confidence and independence to complete tasks in a manner that meets their own individual needs.
We are a growing team and want to add an Accessibility learning specialist to our ranks. This position will play a key role in enabling capabilities for building capacity and scaling accessibility knowledge across the enterprise.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Engage thoughtfully, collaboratively, and diplomatically with the product, design, engineering and business teams to identify the right learning and coaching needed to drive accessibility efforts.
- Design and delivery of digital assets and virtual instructor-led training (VILT) that captures accessibility and digitally inclusive concepts and principles, builds empathy and develops role specific skills.
- Develop and oversee the production of learning design and development plans, storyboards, prototypes, job aids, and online resources.
- Support learners in achieving identified learning objectives through effective feedback and ongoing evaluation of learning transfer and gaps.
- Regularly assess training effectiveness and provide evidence of learning success.
- Manage the Digital Accessibility Portals (English and Spanish)
- Advise in the creation and delivery of inclusive and accessible learning experiences.
- Mentor and collaborate with other accessibility, design and usability specialists
- Champion a high performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
We’re working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- 2-3 years of training facilitation experience
- Certified Training and Development Professional designation in process or completed.
- Strong knowledge of learning implementation processes and practices.
- Awareness of disability related issues including digital accessibility.
- Self-driven, with ability to take ownership and accountability; must be adept at working in a self-guided manner to drive inclusive design principles
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and working creatively and strategically within specific constraints
- Proven ability to effectively communicate the complexities and opportunities for digital inclusion to technical and non-technical audiences with various skillsets.
- Knowledge of assistive technology including screen readers, print magnification software and alternative input systems is a plus
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Working location condition: Fully Remote
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.