City : Kelowna
Category : Contract
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As an Access Coordinator, you will help folks (residents/individuals/people) from the communities in your footprint to create local shows and videos for the community channel! Reporting to the Supervisor, Programming, the Access Coordinator will receive and evaluate ideas from the community and connect with them to discuss what is possible. When required, you will use your own technical skills to help community members ideas come to life. The Access Coordinator is responsible to ensure videos are received and scheduled to broadcast in their relevant communities. You will also facilitate outreach within your communities in variety of ways such as attending a local event, visiting a club/school to make a presentation and/or through written communication.
A typical day
The Access Coordinator role is diverse and varies day to day! Depending on the project with your various community connections, you may receive videos from various folks, (residents/individuals/people) or perhaps you will be coordinating the equipment needed for an upcoming shoot. On other days, you may be actively looking for existing content creators who could be interested in growing their audience through our linear channel. You may find yourself visiting a hobby club or school who have members and students who are interested in the opportunities local community TV provides to share their passion with their community. This role supports multiple communities, travel could be required on any given day.
• Achieve CRTC access compliance
• Collaborate closely with access requestor(s) for clarification as required and to confirm commitment.
• Support online content sharing, web site initiatives and social media as required
• Coordinate volunteers. With assistance of local leadership, assign projects to staff to implement access requests
• Participate in crew roles on mobile, field productions and in studio productions
• Follow up with staff to ensure timelines and resources are appropriately available
• Scheduling of programming on local tv channel including guide info
• Communicate regularly with leadership team to advise of project applications
• Learn and understand CRTC regulations & Shaw Spotlight broadcast policy
• Demonstrate Shaw values consistently
• Collaborative with outstanding interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with various social media platforms
• Goal-oriented Customer and Community Focused Teammate with a Positive, “Can-Do” mentality and the ability to consistently apply the values of Integrity, Accountability and Balance
• Willingness to travel and work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
• Experience in facilitating community outreach initiatives and presentations
• Experience in various stages of production. Apply technical and production abilities (camera operation, editing, studio and control room skills, audio, graphics, hosting, etc
• Project management or coordination experience would be an asset
• Degree/diploma in Television Production or equivalent experience is an asset
•This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (and credit) background check
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.