Access Control Officer
City : Elkford, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: June 1, 2023
Reporting to the Health and Safety Coordinator, the Access Control Officer is responsible for the control of general mine site access, general mine site security, as well as assisting in the administration of the company Health and Safety program. This is a 4 x 4 schedule of day shifts.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who is a motivated self-starter and collaborates well with a team. This person has strong attention to detail and can prioritize contending demands in a fast-paced environment.
This opportunity is located within the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventures at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come and experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support mine safety through procedural verification ensuring visitors and vendors meet the requirements to safely access the property and monitoring incoming and outgoing traffic as well as maintaining site perimeter access
- General administrative duties including coordinating and supporting the day-to-day functions of the Access Control and Health and Safety department
- Coordinate various Health and Safety programs, guidelines and policies
- Assuring timely communication through internal and external messages to the appropriate individuals as well as communicating emergent issues
- 2-hour welfare check for lone workers, air traffic communication, wildlife notifications, 16-hour site clearance verification checks, hot work and confined space, Site Access time tracking and compile various statistical reports
- Security access components both digital and mechanical
- Other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Strong digital literacy and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite®, such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience in SharePoint and PowerBI would be an asset
- Self-motivated and responsible with the ability to effectively handle the public in a high paced, multifaceted setting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Basic Security Training is an asset
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.