Academic Project Coordinator
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 200020-Provost & VP Academic
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: Academic Project Coordinator
Reporting to the Divisional Business Manager in the Office of the Provost, the Academic Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting academic projects and initiatives such as the Climate+ Challenge and Work-Integrated Learning in the Office of the Provost, and will function as the lead staff in providing direct administrative support, coordination and research to the key parties identified by the Provost. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations for the given academic projects and initiatives, including being the point of contact person on both initiatives for the institution and external key parties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, liberal arts, social sciences, business or other similar field is required.
- Three (3) years of related experience in a post-secondary environment working in the area of research, administration, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Previous experience with work-integrated learning in a university, government project, non-profit or agency is highly desirable.
- Highly motivated and creative to meet the challenges within a complex and evolving university environment
- Demonstrated professionalism in establishing interpersonal relationships, managing conflict and in working effectively with a diverse range of people. Demonstrated ability to develop or elicit professionalism in others.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high level of initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, particularly in successfully recognizing, analyzing and resolving problems.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative, responsibility and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with event management, organizing and implementation of meeting, activities and events.
- Proven ability to comprehend, communicate and comply with a wide range of information including legal, policy and financial documents.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to exercise high level of tact and diplomacy in dealing with a wide range of contacts. Experience in public speaking would be an asset.
- Excellent written communication skills with proven ability to compose standard forms of business communication such as letters, email, memoranda, minutes, statistical and informational reports, and web, print and digital communication.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to embrace changing priorities and ambiguity, to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, to meet deadlines and to maintain high levels of client service while working in a high pressure/rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information and data analysis.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective administrative procedures, standards and benchmarks in a systematic, organized fashion.
- Demonstrated intermediate level of competency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook, Explorer, Access or other database software, SharePoint, Drupal and other web design software. Working knowledge of Banner would be an asset.
- Minimum of 40 wpm keyboarding skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work on multiple campuses and must be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is required.
click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.