Academic Integrity Student Ambassador
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 2084-Flexible Learning
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
This role reports to the Academic Integrity Strategist.
The student assistant will provide assistance to the Office of the Provost’s Academic Integrity Unit to promote, support, and raise awareness about academic integrity through assisting with organizing and hosting events, creating peer-focused resources, and engaging and communicating with KPU students and the KPU community. As part of the Academic Integrity Unit, the student will participate in relevant meetings and will support
and implement various initiatives.
- Assist in events hosted by the Academic Integrity Unit (e.g. develop and organize presentations, information sessions, workshops, group meetings, etc.)
- Assist in the promotion of academic integrity KPU-wide (e.g. give presentations, drafting promotional materials, conduct surveys, manage contests and blog)
- Assist in creating content for social media and the academic integrity website to engage the KPU community around academic integrity
- Liaise with different Faculties and departments, as directed, such as through attending meetings and sharing their student perspective
- Present to fellow students via classroom visits and student orientation sessions
- Find and create resources related to academic integrity
- Communicate with faculty, peers, relevant internal or external partners as directed by the Office of the Provost
- Research, collate, and assist in planning relevant events
- Develop and maintain files in support of academic integrity projects as assigned
- Prepare summary reports including headings and information which can be subsequently used to draft briefing notes or craft PowerPoint presentations
- Research, editing, and typing
- Preference given to current KPU students in good standing
- Strong knowledge of academic integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and event-planning skills and the ability to work to multiple deadlines
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a team
- Interest in and/or experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Experience mentoring and working to support one’s peers
- Creative, energetic, outgoing and enthusiastic and seeking to make a difference
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and quality deliverables
- Ability to use MS Office tools
- A professional and positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism or multilingualism an asset
- Experience with marketing and social media an asset
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.