7750/7250 Software Test Infra Student
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Position: 7750/7250 Software Test Infra Student
Duration: 4 Months
Date: January to April 2024
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud. At Nokia, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks, and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Currently a candidate for a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field with an accredited school in Canada.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
- Becoming familiar with our test infrastructure that has resulted in many successful routing products in the market.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure tools to support our R&D community.
- Investigate and resolve issues related to lab and test infrastructure.
- Work with industry-standard DevOps tools like Git, Nagios, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Gain hands-on experience in various programming languages including Python, perl, and shell scripts.
- Communicate with software developers and testers effectively, understand their requirements, and ultimately provide the best solution in a timely manner.
What is Nokia looking for from me
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or related field, or equivalent practical work experience.
- Proficient in the Linux operating system
- Solid programming skills, preferably experience with scripting languages such as Python, TCL, and Bash
- Experience with virtualization and/or Dockers containers
- Experience with databases (MongoDB and SQL)
- Familiar with computer networking
- Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills
- Desire to go deep in details and get to the bottom of things
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills,
- Quick learner, self-starter, able to work in a team as well as independently
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge of network security
- A solid understanding of computer h/w architectural building blocks
- Experience using Git
- Experience coding large s/w projects outside of typical school projects
Why we're awesome
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op/Internship: During your placement, you will be able to test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Winter 2024!