4th Class Engineer/ Refrigeration B – Afternoon Shift
City : Bradford
Category : Manufacturing
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods in Schomberg is Hiring!
Opportunity: 4th Class Engineer/ Refrigeration B (Afternoon Shift)
Shift Schedule: Monday to Thursday, 1:00 pm - 11:30 pm
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Preventative maintenance and cleaning duties assigned
- Operation and maintenance of all refrigeration systems in the plant and on the rooftop
- Maintenance of all equipment in boiler and refrigeration rooms
- Maintenance of all refrigeration equipment in facility
- Maintain/Monitor/Check all refrigeration equipment requirements to TSSA Standards
- Participate in plant equipment repairs/installations
- Interface with necessary Contractual and Inspection Departments for corrective and or legal requirements
- Maintain accurate records of safe management, operations and maintenance through compliance
- Improve plant efficiency by reporting on operating conditions of equipment, determine operating window, and helping to develop and maintain a maintenance program
- Troubleshoot any mechanical breakdown relating to the Production Department to ensure minimal loss in manufacturing of our products
- Work together with all other departments to ensure a productive team environment and the continuous improvement of the plant processes
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring plant and powerhouse are operating in accordance with the TSSA
- Ensure all work performed complies with governing practices, codes and regulations.
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and MSDS requirements.
- Possesses and maintains a valid Ontario Refrigeration B Certificate or higher.
- Ideally, 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing food processing environment as a Stationary Engineer.
- Knowledge of fuel systems, water treatment, air compressors and refrigeration systems
- Must be able to do maintenance as required
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced processing environment
- Self-motivated and effective communication
- Must be reliable and flexible to cover vacation Monday to Friday shifts as required.
- Previous experience working with SOP’s and GMP’s is an asset.
- Licensed Electrician or Millwright would be an additional asset.
- Mechanical abilities and trouble shooting skills are required.
- Requires initiative and excellent communication skills.
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested apply to our job posting online at https://careers.mapleleaffoods.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.