2nd Cook – Mt Milligan (78900001)
City : Vancouver
Category : Full-time Production
Industry : Food Production
Employer : Sodexo
Sodexo Canada is seeking a Culinary – 2nd Cook who is energetic and dynamic to work in the culinary department at Mt Milligan. This position is a full-time rotational role. You will be offered a great team environment, work/life balance and the ability to cook healthy and appealing menus for consumers.
The 2nd Cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and special/catered events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other areas of responsibility.
- As a member of our food services team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while preparing or serving food to customers:
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time
- Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to guests.
- May produce food and serve guests at an a la carte, buffet, or grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal/provincial and corporate standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food, prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other items for consumption in dining areas.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting, and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry, or fish for culinary use.
- Taste’s products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- Will clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move, and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Growth, Development & Qualifications:
- Must have a Certificate of Qualification and not less than 5+ years additional experience at the Journeyman level in a high volume (approximately 1000-5000 persons) camp or institutional setting
- Must be fully versed in production of the mother sauces, able to cook stews and casseroles, knowledge and skills in butchering and meat processing
- 3-5 years of experience with food preparation knife skills and excellent knife skills
- 3-5 years of food preparation experience in a high-volume environment
- Must undergo and pass a Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol Test
- Personal and professional integrity, appearance, and demeanor
- High School Diploma an asset but not required
- Red Seal certification is an asset. Please provide a copy of your certificate with your application.
- May accept an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Serving Clients and Customers
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Quality Assurance and Safety
- Diversity Awareness
- Drive and Dependability
- Interpersonal Relations
I understand that as a condition of my employment and by applying to this role, I may be required to comply with background checks including criminal records, fitness, drugs & alcohols checks.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs