2024 Winter Student – Analyst (4 months)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will be part of the Corporate Client Group – Finance (CCGF) team which acts as mid-market Corporate Banking for RBC’s Canadian Banking business unit and plays a key role in the realization of CCG objectives through the structuring, delivery and management of the bank debt of a targeted customer base. We target loan origination in the Canadian mid-market, including large Canadian subsidiaries of foreign multinationals, private and small cap public Canadian companies. We are also responsible for meeting annually established targets for loan derived revenues and returns and providing advice to our partners on optimizing the use of lending in connection with broader RBC relationship goals.
What will you do?
- Part of a national team of CCGF underwriters committed to the delivery of quality credit products to RBC clients and targets.
- Assist with preparation of marketing pitches to existing and potential clients for corporate loans (acquisition loans, bridge loans, term loans, revolving credit facilities).
- Support CCGF team’s credit submissions, including research, analysis, financial modelling and due diligence as part of transaction processes.
- Assist with loan portfolio management, client strategies and related administrative duties.
- Liaise with back office functions connected to, for example, closing and funding, wires, payments, settlements, etc.
- There may be opportunities to assist with projects / initiatives the team is working on to create efficiencies in workflow.
What do you need to succeed?
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in business, economics, accounting, or finance.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an ability to analyze company financial statements and working knowledge of building financial models.
- Strong skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the ability to source data/research.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to research a particular business or industry
- Well organized and able to set priorities and devote appropriate attention to each assignment resulting in performing well under pressure, meeting time sensitive deadlines, prioritizing work and being able to work on multiple projects.
- Work experience in corporate lending or corporate finance or at an accounting firm in audit or advisory function
- Knowledge of building a business case
- Experience/Interest in preparing marketing materials
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to do challenging work and make a difference.
- Opportunities to build close relationships.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.