2024 Summer – Client Advisor Student
City : KELOWNA, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Are you 2-3 years away from graduation and plan to pursue a career in banking? We have Summer Student Intern opportunities available in Vernon, Kelowna, West Kelowna and Penticton.
How it works
Start Date; May 6th 2024
End Date: August 13 or 26, 2024
In order to be eligible for this 4-month Student position, you must either:
- Be returning back to school after the work term ends
- If you are not returning back to school (i.e., are graduating in Aug. 2024), you must require the work term as a mandatory component to in order to graduate successfully.
What is the opportunity?
Open the door to the first of many opportunities at RBC and experience the challenges and rewards of working in the financial services industry. If you have the drive to deliver exceptional customer service, you can build a great career with us and gain progressive learning opportunities year over year through our Summer Internship Program.
You will gain foundational skills as a Client Advisor, the face of RBC. You work on the front lines, serving clients, carrying out transactions, solving problems and spotting sales opportunities. This is an important role providing advice to clients and finding solutions that meet their individual needs.
What will you do?
- Serve clients by delivering exceptional customer service through completing transactions, engaging in needs-based conversations, and communicating with clients throughout the branch
- Identify needs and provide tailored financial advice and solutions to clients, when possible, at the point of first contact
- Contribute to team sales results by listening and spotting opportunities to offer additional advice, introduce clients to the capability of RBC partners, or personally fulfil client solutions
- Understand & resolve client concerns, where possible, at first point of contact
- Educate & assist clients with using RBC digital capabilities
- Manage risks by adhering to compliance routines, processes, and controls to protect client and shareholder interests while completing transactions
What do you need to succeed?
- Proven customer service skills- Drive and self-motivation, as well as excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Personal flexibility to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends- Eagerness to learn and determination to succeed
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent career development and the potential to return each summer for progressive opportunities until graduation
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.