2024 Investment Banking Summer Analyst, LATAM
City : New York City, NY, US
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184615
Salary Range: 110,000.00 - 110,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
2024 Investment Banking (LATAM Banking) – Internship
May to August 2024
Location: New York City
Deadline to Apply: October 15th
Who We Are:
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
The Intern Analyst Program at Scotiabank is designed to introduce undergraduate students to the stimulating and challenging career of investment banking involving debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, financial advisory work, and business development in several industry sectors. Intern Analysts will learn to perform complex financial analysis such as market comparisons, company valuations and pro-forma financial modeling. In addition, intern analysts prepare company and industry specific research to support financial valuations.
Putting forth a strong and consistent effort is critical to the success and development of an Analyst at Scotiabank. Intern analysts must have a strong work ethic, be accommodating and maintain extremely high professional standards. An intern analyst is typically involved in numerous deals and projects at the same time and will work with several senior group members concurrently. Balancing the requirements of multiple deal assignments and/or projects can be very demanding. The challenging nature of the work, combined with long hours at the office requires intense effort and dedication. Intern Analysts must also be willing to work extended business hours, including weekends as required, in order to meet multiple work deadlines.
We are committed to offering you extensive opportunities for training, hands-on experience, and career advancement. Simply put, your future is our investment.
About Our Team:
Summer analysts will be placed on either our either our LATAM team or our Media & Telecommunications team.
The role of the Latin America Investment Banking team is to advise corporate clients and financial sponsors globally on capital raising, investment or divestment of assets domiciled in Latin America. In this role, the investment banking team will interact with clients, transaction advisors, product groups across the Scotiabank platform and other third parties to successfully complete the transaction. The current focus of the team is equity capital markets and mergers & acquisitions, with substantial cross-border activity.
Scotiabank’s U.S. Media and Telecom team is a growing investment banking platform and is actively involved with a wide array of transactions. The Summer Analyst will have the opportunity to immediately and meaningfully contribute to the growth of the team.
You will be tasked with supporting the team in various internal and client facing initiatives, and you will work on multiple pitches and/or mandates at the same time. You will have the opportunity to shadow an experienced analyst on the build up of a complex financial modeling in transaction execution and the intern will also have the opportunity to work on presentations as part of pitches as well as transaction execution.
You will have the opportunity to be placed on either the LATAM banking team or the Media and Telecommunications team.
- Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models, marketing materials and presentations
- Participates in all stages of transaction execution, from the pitch phase through to closing
- Financial and written analysis of companies and industries, including the development of valuation models, pro-forma financial statements and comparable company analysis, etc.
- Sourcing the data required to perform financial analysis
- Drafting prospectuses and marketing presentations for transactions
- Preparing client presentations
- Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives.
Skills & Requirements:
Undergraduate or graduate degree within Business, Economics, Accounting, Technology, Mathematics, and related fields with anticipated graduation between December 2024 and August 2025
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting, and financial theory
- A clearly defined interest in Investment Banking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- A strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
- Independent thinker and proven ability to make decisions
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is required
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team.
- In-depth training to prepare you for the role, as well as ongoing coaching and feedback to help you succeed!
- Exclusive student events such as Lunch & Learns, leadership panels, and more!
- Bank-wide orientation to learn more about Scotiabank and gain exposure to senior leadership across the organization.
How to apply:
You must apply via the Scotiabank career portal and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position.
- Click the “Apply” button and complete the application form.
- Submit your resume and transcript as a single PDF when prompted (cover letter is optional).
- Successful applicants will be contacted for next steps.
We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, Scotiabank, will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit.
As Canada’s Most International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.