2024 CAE Group, Summer IA AML and Compliance Audit (Bedford, NS) (4 Months)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Rotational Programs | Internships
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
The Financial Crimes & AML (FC&AML) and Regulatory Compliance Audit Co-Op Student is a curious, dynamic, adaptable, solution oriented team player and self-starter with entry-level knowledge of risk management, AML/Sanctions regulatory compliance frameworks and corporate governance. You will be assisting with enterprise level audit assurance projects and continuous assurance/monitoring whilst leveraging data analytics and data visualizations, and contributing to the development of Audit’s FC&AML and Regulatory Compliance Center of Excellence (CoE).
What will you do?
- Participate in the execution of risk-based enterprise level FC&AML and Regulatory Compliance audit projects effectively and efficiently, while adding value and utilizing data analytics approaches.
- Actively contribute to development of continuous monitoring and continuous assurance leveraging data analytics.
- Assist CoE management in their capacity as a trusted advisor who support regional and business platform audit teams to ensure adequate and risk based coverage of FC&AML risk in regional/platform audit projects.
- Proactively initiate discussions and solutions to new opportunities, challenges and approaches, and challenge status quo.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining a positive, authentic, collaborative, transparent and productive working environment.
- Actively monitor and assess global FC&AML and Regulatory Compliance developments and emerging risks.
- Work efficiently in a hybrid based working environment (office location downtown Toronto).
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong team player, emotional intelligence and stakeholder management skills to deliver in a team engagement environment, prioritize client needs, whilst having the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated critical thinking.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of key compliance regulations in the financial services industry (at minimum Canadian, US and UK).
- Intermediate experience building, using and interpreting data extracts, data visualization and reporting (Tableau), and analytical skills.
- Experience in risk and regulatory compliance management in a large financial institution or a professional consulting/accounting firm.
- Experience in a matrixed organization
- Experience in an audit role
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we accept applications on a rolling basis. Should you be selected to progress, someone from our team will reach out directly to provide instructions on next steps. Otherwise, feel free to check for progress updates by logging in to your RBC profile. If the status has not changed, it denotes the fact that your application is still under review.
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.