2023 Technology & Operations, Fall Project Control Officer (4 Months)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Rotational Programs | Internships
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Project Control Officer Co-op? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available across RBC Technology & Operations. Some exciting types of roles you'll be considered for are:
- Project Manager
- Planning Coordinator
- Project Control Officer
What will you do?
- Complete a series of monthly tasks/processes such as tracking professional fees and cost savings, project financials, and related input.
- Reconciliation of monthly financials reports, vendor invoices meeting defined deadlines.
- Partner with managers to ensure accurate resource allocation.
- Collaborate with various groups to ensure IT project portfolio data is accurate and any variances are corrected.
- Create/update detailed project schedules.
- Assist project managers through all project gates, including project closing, and in identifying task dependencies and constraints.
- Monitor resource forecasting, other costs, and use of generic resources to ensure that project funds and project forecasts are comparable.
What do you need to succeed?
- Currently enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution with a focus on business administration, project management, or equivalent.
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written).
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada.
- Participate in fun events and gamification challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we accept applications on a rolling basis, but please note that the formal application deadline is June 4, 2023. Should you be selected to progress, someone from our team will reach out directly to provide instructions on next steps. Otherwise, feel free to check for progress updates by logging in to your RBC profile. If the status has not changed, it denotes the fact that your application is still under review.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.