2023 Summer Capital Markets, 4 Months, Global Investment Banking – Analyst, Real Estate Group
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Rotational Programs | Internships
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
RBC Capital Markets Real Estate Group is the largest dedicated real estate corporate finance group in Canada, with over 40 experienced professionals based in Toronto, Montréal, Calgary and New York. We offer a full a full array of real estate debt and equity intermediary services to clients across North America.
RBC is currently looking for a summer analyst to join its real estate brokerage team in Toronto. The individual in this position will be asked to provide quantitative and analytic support as well as perform general administrative duties. The position is available on a temporary basis from May to August 2023.
- Collect real estate market information and maintaining research databases
- Stay current with new listings and sales transactions in Canada
- Review and summarize property leases and other legal documentation
- Prepare detailed investment memorandums, presentations and other advisory documents
- Prepare financial analyses and property valuation models
- Complete various general administrative duties as required
Education and Qualifications
- Full-time students in their second or third year of undergraduate studies preferably in a real estate, finance, accounting or economics program
- Candidates must be graduating from their undergraduate programs in either December 2023 or Spring 2024
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple or competing deadlines
- Preference will be given to students with a strong interest in real estate
Required Documents: Cover letter, Resume and Academic Transcripts (unofficial are acceptable) in one PDF document.
We thank all individuals for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.